The First Letter (epistle) of John is tender, reassuring, affectionate, and practical. Though filled with theological content, it is like an epistle written by a pastor to his congregation. In days past, letters were the pathways of communication – documents that often recorded history or described scenes or situations so graphically that they spoke clearly to coming generations. First John, written to people of the early church, is such a letter. Now a part of our Holy Scriptures, it continues to be relevant For centuries it has been classified as a general epistle because it is not addressed to one specific person or church and because the message is applicable to all believers.
- Message #1 – Introduction to 1 John
- Message #2 – The Word Among Us
- Message #3 – Walking in the Light
- Message #4 – Grow in the Lord in Love and Obedience
- Message #5 – Resemble the Father, Abide in Christ
- Message #6 – Truth and Error
- Message #7 – Faith and its Certainties